About the Renewal of Alcohol License for Businesses
The City of Atlanta Police Department License and Permit Unit regulates the sale or consumption of alcoholic beverages on premises via the issuance of an alcohol license. All alcohol licenses expire on December 31st of each year and must be renewed by then in order for a business to continue the sale or consumption of alcoholic beverages.
Alcohol License Renewal Process
Renewing online is the FASTEST and most efficient way to renew your alcohol license!!
Renew online by going to https://ditweb.atlantaga.gov/oalr/default.aspx
- You can renew online if:
- Your account must be active with a valid business tax number and pin number.
- Your alcohol account financial status must be current and not delinquent.
- The owners and/or principals of your business must be the same as those originally reported to the City of Atlanta through a tax application or a change form.
- The location of your business must be the same as originally reported to the City of Atlanta. Any changes to the physical location require Zoning approval.
The legal entity/legal name holding the business tax certificate must be the same as originally reported to the City of Atlanta.
- Obtain the following materials so that you can complete the process online:
- Business Tax Number.
- PIN number that has been provided by the City of Atlanta.
If you do not know your PIN number, please contact Customer Service at 404.330.6270 or click Find Pin. You will need your Business Tax number and location zip code.
- Pay for your renewal online: https://ww2.e-billexpress.com/ebpp/COAAlcohol/
RENEW IN PERSON
Renew in person by going to the Public Safety Annex First Floor (on the right after the security checkpoint) at 3493 Donald Lee Hollowell Pkwy, Atlanta, GA
- You must renew in person:
- If there are any changes to the information provided in original application other than business or residence phone
- If you have moved your location
- If you have any questions regarding renewal, please call the License and Permit Unit at 404-546-4470.
Failure to Renew
After December 31, 2016, the online renewal service will no longer be available. You will have to pick up the renewal forms from the LPU office located at the Public Safety Annex at 3493 Donald Lee Hollowell Pkwy. You will then have to set up an appointment with an alcohol investigator to submit the renewal, make payment and schedule a License Review Board hearing date. Current applicants not renewing by December 31, 2015, will be considered a failure to renew. Those agents must stop selling, distributing, manufacturing or storing alcohol.